Thursday, March 21, 2013

Welcome Spring!

The ground may be covered with white snow outside my window, but I don't care. The calendar says it's spring, and I'm gonna roll with it!

All the signs are here. The days are definitely getting longer. Huge flocks of red-wing blackbirds now congregate daily outside my window at the bird feeders. And my favorite nesting cams are starting to deliver news of first sightings of migrant birds and eggs in raptor nests. I LOVE this time of year!
 

Just in time for Spring, I have a new pattern out with Cut Loose Press. It's called, Up One Side Table Runner.

 


WARNING: A shameless plug follows. . . *grin!*
Triangles playfully fly up one side and down the other on this fun-to-make table runner.

All those triangles. . . looks intimidating. Not to worry!

Cut strips. Easy, right?


Use a specialty ruler to cut triangles from the strips. I recommend the Creative Grids Multi-Size 4590 ruler, for example.




Trim the triangle points with Marti Michell's Corner Trimmer Template. I suppose you can skip this step, but man-o-man does it ever make the piecing easier, so why would you skip it?!



And sew.

Need a shower gift? How about those graduations coming up? Summer pick-a-nic season will be here before you know it. . . .

Ask for and buy the pattern, Up One Side Table Runner, at your favorite independent quilt shop. Or pick it up here.

In the meantime, enjoy the first full week of spring!


joan

No comments:

Post a Comment