Thursday, August 22, 2013

Likeable Links

My niece Karen has been piecing and piecing. She has several quilt tops finished following the First Timer Table Topper pattern. A while back, she asked me for some advice on making her first quilt, and I offered to give her some instructions. But since she lives in Chicago, and I live in Upstate New York, the best solution was blogging about it.

Karen is a new mom and is home with adorable baby Faye. In between taking care of Faye, she is clearly getting in some time at the sewing machine. Look at all the tops she's created on her blog post. Here's one of them:




And this week, it was my turn to help her start turning the tops into quilts! So, on the Q101 blog, I started with some pin-basting info.




And just yesterday, I posted some in-the-ditch quilting 4-1-1.




Karen has always been very creative, and she's really excited about what she's done with her fabrics so far. I can only imagine where quilting will take her. Can't wait to see!

On a separate vein, a couple of weeks ago, I posted some pictures of a new pattern I've been working on. Scrap Book features fabrics from Hoffman California.




In addition, the pattern incorporates trimmed corners on the quilt and coordinating table runner. Those non-90˚ corners can cause headaches for some quilters when it comes to adding the binding.

So-o-o. I created a website page with a step-by-step tutorial to add binding to any not-so-90˚ quilt or runner corners. It's easy if you take it one step at a time.




And what's this on the sewing table right now? Something scrappy is going on around here! Better stay tuned for some fun stuff on the horizon!



Ooh there's a package on the way from Island Batiks, also. Really cool stuff happening. . . really cool!





Stay tuned. . . .

Happy Stitching!
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment