Thursday, September 12, 2013

Ridgefield Revisited

For most of the week, I was in Connecticut working on a big project with my friends at The Taunton Press. We worked pretty hard during the day, so when an opportunity presented itself to relax with a nice dinner with my friend and editor, Shawna in Ridgefield, I couldn't resist.

Quite a few years back in my pre-quilting life, I had a corporate job at GE Capital in Stamford, Connecticut. I lived in Ridgefield for a couple of years, which is a 30-40 minute drive north of Stamford.

Ridgefield is one of those classic New England towns that has huge Victorian-style houses, rugged stone churches, and a tree-lined main street with tempting boutique store fronts.



Since I lived in a condominium complex just off the main road, I recall taking many a leisurely stroll along Main Street in all seasons. This time of year, late summer blooms create a pleasant atmosphere--a real treat at the end of a busy day.




Oooh. This is new. Glad they were closed, or I might have been tempted!




Bistros spill onto the sidewalk on this late summer early evening. An hour or so after this picture was taken, the seats were taken, creating a relaxed atmosphere for stress-free conversation and fellowship.




A display in the Chamber of Commerce window. . . .Yes, indeed . . .



It's so nice to visit places from my past. They are familiar and new all at once and bring back such nice memories.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment