Thursday, December 4, 2014

What's New!

Well. Look what arrived in the mail last Friday. All the months and months of preparation seemed like they'd never end. Then all of the sudden an actual book shows up! I received my first author's copies of the new book, When Bad Things Happen to Good Quilters on Friday.

It's quite different from the previous two books. This book is full of stories, tips, best practices, and advice--and even a little humor--to get a quilter out of a jam. Ask for it at your favorite quilt shop. Or place your order here, keep in mind, I haven't received my 'real' order yet, so it might take a bit before I can ship them!



I can't wait to hear what you think about the book. I hope you like it, if you decide to make a purchase. (It will be arriving in stores everywhere just in time to make it on your holiday wish-list!--just sayn *wink!*)

In the meantime, just before the Thanksgiving holiday, I headed to Las Vegas, Nevada. No, not to take advantage of the entertainment 'opportunities' available almost anywhere you go (like here at the airport).




I was actually headed to Henderson, Nevada and Quiltique.




Your first impression as you take your first step through the door is all about color, fabric, and pure inspiration.



. . . more color is around the next corner . . .



 . . . and the next one, too!



In fact, you can find colorful fabric and project ideas to inspire in every corner of this Bernina dealership!



Wait! I wasn't there only for the eye-candy. We had some 'work' to do. A trunk show and two workshops! The Runaway Thread quilt was the first of two workshops to be held in the spacious classroom.



Doesn't the quilt look beautiful hanging right behind the counter!



The second workshop, the Bloomin' Steps quilt yielded some beautiful scrappy colorful blocks made with some slick techniques.



Perhaps what made this trip more memorable than most is that the staff bowling outing coincided with my visit, and I was invited along. It's funny, I found my bowling 'skills' improved after a cocktail or two. Let's just say, I don't expect to see my picture hanging in the Bowling Hall of Fame any time soon!

It was difficult to leave my new friends in Nevada to head back home to New York state. But it was wonderful to see that everyone's scrappy masterpieces were under construction.

Happy Stitching,
joan

No comments:

Post a Comment