Thursday, April 19, 2018

Mmm, Chocolate!

Dave and I had a little get-together with friends last evening. Pizza, beer, and a little something sweet. I brought the little something sweet. And as long as I was making this yummy, quick-to-make treat, I thought I'd share the recipe. It's called Chocolate Covered Cherries Cake.

I got this recipe years ago from the local quilt shop owner. I'm usually not a fan of using cake mixes, but sometimes, a cake mix is just the ticket for a fast, easy, no-frills, tasty dessert!



This recipe calls for only four ingredients for the cake: devils food cake mix, cherry pie filling, almond flavoring, and a couple eggs.



Mix everything up  . . .



 . . . and place it in the pan. Ready for the oven . . .



In the oven (350˚) for 30-35minutes.



Out it comes!



While the cake is cooling, make the glaze. A few more ingredients: butter, sugar, milk, and chocolate chips.



Mix and boil it all together in a saucepan . . .


Then pour the warm glaze over the warm cake.

As everything cools, the glaze firms up, but the cake stays really moist and cherry- chocolatey.

Did I mention that the house smells amazing while everything is baking?


I confess. I cheated. Fortunately, my friends 'get me,' I *had* to cut a slice yesterday before the party, so I could take a picture - for you! Business first, right?, then fun!

You might be asking, what did I do with that slice of cake - put it back in the pan for the party? Silly question. Somebody had to sample it to make sure it was okay to eat, right?

(It was okay! *wink!*)

Want the recipe? CLICK HERE . . . This would be great for the guild break table! Click on the button to nab the instructions!

PDF

Happy Stitching
Joan

4 comments: