Thursday, April 25, 2019

Spring Cleaning

There is something about Spring--growing grass, buds and flowers on trees, tulips and Spring blooms making their way through packed dirt--that awakens the 'tidy-up' bug in me. I like organized stuff, but I'm not always the best at keeping things that way. 

I really like to work on stitching and hand work in the evening while watching TV or listening to a book. Since most of my stitchery projects are small, or they are small parts of a bigger series, I tend to flit from one project to the next a lot. For example, I'm already working on my Christmas card ornaments for this year.

Since they're fairly detailed, I decided early on that I'd be in good shape for next holiday season if I did one each week, so I don't get tired of them or stressed over it if I saved it up and did them all in one lump. I started in January--way ahead of schedule! (Yay me!)

I usually focus my energy on one main project - like the Hummingbird cross stitch piece I recently finished - and give myself little breaks with something small like this colorful set of small stitchery pieces that are in their earliest stages. This may become models to show you that border technique I keep jawing about.


Brightly colored embroidery on a hoop


All those in-process projects became a stack of messy-ness on the sofa next to where I usually sit. On Saturday, I started in on a Spring Cleaning snit, threw a bunch of old stuff away, clearing space for new stuff (magazines, mostly) I wanted to keep, minimizing that ugly pile.

Then I found this lovely handmade  basket (Patty F., do you recognize this?) that really needed to serve a special purpose.


basket full of small projects


Now this basket full of little packets of stitchy goodness sits neatly on the floor right next to my evening sewing spot. It's actually much more fun to pull out a little packet of stitchy-good-ness and start in with my evening's selected project!

When I get the tidy-bug, I sure can milk it!

A Spring Cleaning Special for you!

Most of my sewing storage is in the basement, so while I was filling up my Special Stitchy Basket, I made several trips up and down the stairs, and this box of Your Nest Organizers, still leftover from what I brought with me to Quilt Market and Festival last fall, caught my attention.

No worries, still plenty of Your Nest Organizers at the warehouse in all seven colors, but these few, are all that are left here in my basement. I'd really rather give you one last chance to SAVE some money on these well-traveled Nests than SPEND the money to ship them back to the warehouse! So, EVERYbody wins!

With Mother's Day right around the corner and my Spring Cleaning bug, this seems like such a nice fit with the whole Spring Tidy-Up concept. However, I only have five of the available seven colors in stock in my basement available for this promotion.


Your Nest Organizers


Here's the Spring Cleaning Special

From now until April 29th and while supplies last (the supplies in my basement, that is). You can order Your Nest Organizers in these colors:


Raven, Cardinal, Bluebird, Hummingbird, and Flamingo

 at $18.95 each and pay $0 to ship them.


(Sorry, US orders only)


Your Nest Organizers


The free shipping special ends at Midnight (east coast time) on April 29th, 2019.

To get this offer, click the button below to make your color selection. 

https://hummingbird-highway.com/patterns-and-notions/your-nest-organizer-special/


You have to use this special link, otherwise, if you use another link shipping will be added to your purchase.


Happy Spring Cleaning and Happy Stitching!
Joan

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete