Thursday, January 23, 2020

Sweet Hearts Redux

With Valentine's Day just around the corner, it's the perfect time to pull together some stash fabrics for a fast-finish mini-quilt to add some heart-felt cheer to your decor, don't you think?

Years ago, I created a monthly kit pattern series called Snap Sacks. Independent quilt shops purchased the patterns and supplies from me and make up kits for their customers.

The Snap Sacks are now out of print, but I got to thinking over the holiday season that it might be nice to bring back some of those patterns as downloadable pdfs.



I got the get-up-and-get-going bug to get started sometime yesterday morning. Well, by now, you probably know that I write this post on Wednesdays and put it up on Thursdays.

I *thought* I could quickly convert about a dozen of the Snap patterns to a presentable PDF format in an hour or so. Well, that didn't quite work out the way I planned. . .

BUT Sweet Hearts Snap, IS available right now for download from my webstore.

It's a start!


With any luck, I hope to have a few more small projects for you to download soon! Don't worry, I'll keep you informed!

I think the best part about projects like Sweet Hearts is that you really can start and finish them in one or two sewing sessions. Easy, fun stuff. And with about 1 to 2 yards of fabric needed (including backing and binding), it's pretty easy to find some fun stash fabrics to make it up without leaving the building.

But if you're looking for an excuse to head to the quilt shop. . .by all means, I certainly won't hold you back!


CLICK HERE to get the Sweet Hearts Snap pattern

Happy Stitching!
Joan


No comments:

Post a Comment