Thursday, January 24, 2013

Travel To-Do

Last week, I said I wouldn't be checking in with you this week, but I had a few minutes, and thought I'd write a quick note anyway.

As I write this, it's actually Monday afternoon, and I have to be honest, I'm stressing a bit. It's decision time again. As I pack my suitcase to head to California for the week, I'm not worried so much about the clothes I'm packing, although it's nice to be leaving the winter coats, hats, and scarves behind. Instead, I'm faced with what projects to bring to work on while I'm on the plane or in the hotel.

I have a lot of time to wait flights in the airport. And of course, it's a long flight from east coast to west. And back again. And I don't want to be bored!

So . . . I'm faced with another crafty decision this week.

As I pack my suitcase, headed from upstate New York to Ontario, California for Road to California, I'm faced with a serious decision. What to bring to do on the plane.

I have plenty of options. The challenge is narrowing to just a few that I can carry on the plane, and not get tripped up at the security check point.

Let's see.

I have some knitting. This is a super simple scarf from a purlbee pattern. I'm not using the yummy merino wool that was suggested. Instead I chose a wool-blend skein already in my stash. Maybe the next scarf will be made from the Merino. . .


There's always some Joan-socks in the works - Several in progress socks are stuffed in the basket needing attention. . . .



Or maybe some hand embroidery. That's really portable. This is a Crabapple Hill Pattern called Snow Days. The resulting quilt is huge, and I wonder if it'll ever get done! But it's fun to work on and it fits the season.



Applique? I love this Rabbit Factory pattern, Baltimore & Bali. It's on the 'will this ever get done' list too, but the colors are so pretty!



Maybe some hand piecing. Look, the blocks are already individually bagged with seams marked! These hexagons need to become a quilt! Some day. A long time from now.


What to do! Which to choose. How to decide?

How do you decide? When you travel do you take crafty things along? Or opt to read a book?

You know, I hadn't thought about reading materials. What books to take? . . . Uh-oh, gotta go . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment