Thursday, September 25, 2014

Sweet Treats

With Quilt Market--the big quilting industry trade show--just around the corner at the end of October, I've been busy in the sewing room getting ready for my Schoolhouse and my Take and Teach sessions.

Mini Mug Mats seem to be the project of the day--every day--here at the Hummingbird Highway! These in-progress samples feature Mini Series prints from Timeless Treasures.



And these 1895 pre-cut fabrics just arrived from Hoffman California Fabrics. Aren't they just luscious!? They will be converted to Mini Mug Mat and Taste of Nectar pin samples to decorate my booth at Quilt Market and Quilt Festival in Houston. It's difficult to leave the studio with these fabrics calling to me all day long!



When I look at the stacks of fabrics prepared and ready to be sewn, I start to feel like I'm way behind in preparing my samples, but this stack of Mini Mug Mats reminds me that I've had a running start on sample-making. Sewing sessions in between travel sessions this summer have kept me on track.



All this sewing can give a sewist the hankerin' for a little treat. Thanks to my friend Kris Poor, Poorhouse Quilt Design, and her weekly newsletter, just the right amount of sweetness arrived in my in box a few weeks ago. Her Almond Blondie recipe is just the ticket to calm a raging sweet tooth--and is oh-so-easy to prepare.

If I'm gonna bake, then I'm GONNA bake, and since Kris' recipe makes a smaller pan of blondies, I upped the recipe and increased the pan size and baking times. I also added a basic sugary glaze on top, just because! You can download the super-sized version of the recipe right here



Kris says these go great with some hot tea. I have to agree! And if you have them with tea, then you can have the tea in a mug. If you have the tea in a mug, then you need a Mini Mug Mat! (Just sayn *wink!*) By the way, the blondies also work pretty nicely solo--ask me how I know . . . *wink-wink!*



The sewing room calls, so I'd best get back to it. Plus, I've got all kinds of ideas for new projects germinating--I can't wait to get them sewn and into patterns to share. Treats for you and me.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment