Thursday, June 29, 2017

Dare I Say It?

I have to admit, it’s pretty quiet around here.

After a big weekend on the road at the Vermont Quilt Festival (here is a photo of my booth at the show), the week after is all about putting stuff away, taking inventory, doing some accounting, and paying some bills.



Nothing very photo worthy. Unless you find accounting spreadsheets and checkbooks exciting.

The stuff on my sewing table is all about getting ready for my teaching events for an August trip to Alaska. I’m certain the trip will be wildly fun with outrageously fun projects on tap, but the prep is for projects I’ve already made - creating the step-by-step models that will guide the classes through the projects.

There is, however, a bunch of new stuff brewing. In about a week or so, the decks should be clear enough for me to go full bore on a couple of new things that have been in the works for a while. All very exciting, but not very much to show for any of it yet.

Fortunately, some of you have shared some lovely photos of the things you’ve been working on based on my patterns and books. I’m extremely flattered every time I see a project you’ve made, inspired by one of the patterns I’ve written.

Shall we have a look?

Here is Anne’s version of “Beach Blanket Bingo” from ScrapTherapy, Scraps Plus One! Anne said that she just loved using nothing but scraps to make her quilt top. And the beachy-feel of the quilt makes you want to grab the sunscreen and head to the water’s edge, doesn’t it? Excellent quilt, Anne!



Clearly Sandra has a healthy collection of batik scraps! My assistant Tracy completely agrees with your decision to make "Runaway Thread" from ScrapTherapy, Cut the Scraps! It’s one of her favorites. This version is so fun and colorful - who wouldn’t love dreaming of your next quilt project as you nap beneath it?



Sandra also sent along this really colorful version of "Shining Stars," also from Cut the Scraps. I’ve only ever seen this quilt done up in patriotic reds, whites, and blues. I just love this colorful explosion of stars and secondary patterns in the quilt center and borders. Lovely! Nice job, Sandra . .  thanks for sharing!



From time to time, I like to feature quilts by you in Good Migrations, so send me pictures when you complete a project from one of my patterns. Indicate “watch the birdie” in the subject of your email.

Quiet or Crazy?

Now that I’ve acknowledged the quiet atmosphere around here, should I expect some crazy thing to happen that will shatter the peace? Hope not. Maybe I’ll throw some salt over my shoulder just to be sure!

Happy Stitching!

Joan Ford

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete