Thursday, August 2, 2018

Nothin' Much

This week, I've been pretty busy behind the scenes with patterns and paperwork. Trying to get a little ahead while it's quiet. 


I was hoping to get back to those projects I started last week during the sewing weekend at my friend's camp. Even though things are happening, there really is 'nothin' much' going on in the studio, so this post will be short and sweet.

I actually did make some really good progress on the pillows. (Yes, there are now THREE in progress!)

One for each niece who will be visiting in October, and one for a the cover photo on a bonus pattern I'm preparing to go along with the next shipment of The FLOCK.

I'm done with the piecing, now, I'm quilting the tops.



These guys should be all done in a couple days. The pattern will take a few more days to finalize, then it'll be on to the next project.

I spent a little time on the front porch chill-axing with some stitching this past weekend.

This contemporary-ish blackwork piece from a pattern by Threaded Sheep will become another biscornu, my latest stitchy obsession. 



This one will be quite different from the others I've been making. It's quite non-traditional, especially with those neon threads! We'll see if it 'works!'

When the pillows are done, I hope to get back to those projects I started last weekend. If not, they'll keep. With more of the summer behind us than ahead of us, I'm planning to enjoy what's left of the warm temperatures, short-sleeved shirts, and flip-flops. The cooler, longer stitchy days of autumn will be upon us soon enough.

I intend to savor every minute of summer while lasts. I hope that's your plan, too!

Enjoy, and  . . .

Happy Stitching!
Joan

1 comment: