Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Meet the staff!

Maintaining a small office takes a competent staff with very special talents, educational background, and experience. Thought you might like to meet those behind the scenes at the Hummingbird Highway.

First, let me introduce the receptionist. Peaches, second from the right, the amazon parrot, says 'hello' and 'goodbye' but not much in between, unless she's squawking. Her favorite part of the day is lunch time and break time. The rest of the day is reserved for important business like naps.

Loepsie, the sun conure, is in charge of security. Loeps produces a loud scream when the FedEx dude is making deliveries anywhere in the area. Loepsie alerts me (and everyone nearby) to any imminent danger to the facility. Like spotting cats, people walking by, or hawks. Mostly Loepsie is a good bird, it says so on the magazine cover on the screen.

And the staff wouldn't be complete without making mention of my husband, Dave. He's a part-time consultant to the business and chips in with opinions, pattern-bag stuffing, and picking up Chinese take-out when deadlines near. I'd post a picture but his 'other' job is in the military, and I probably need three levels of security clearance to do so.

And then there's me. Speaking of that, I'd better get back to work!

Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment