Thursday, October 24, 2019

Out and About

It has been kinda crazy around here, so I took advantage of a tiny break in the action to run away on the annual sisters trip to Fly Creek Cider Mill in Fly Creek, New York. (Kinda near Cooperstown, home of the Baseball Hall of Fame)

My two sisters and I head there every fall for a fun day of shopping and sister-stuff.

It's about a 90-minute drive with the opportunity to see lovely fall color along the hilly-twisty back roads. 



For several years in a row, feels like we've missed the color and managed to drive through snowy, gray weather for the annual trip. This year, we got a little of the color, but had a damp weather day, despite the prediction of sunshine.

No matter, it was still fun to guess the weight of the giant pumpkin (my guess, I'm afraid, was way low), feed the fluffy-headed ducks . . .



 . . . And, of course, get some apples (the selection is much better in October than November) and fresh apple cider.

And stop for a yummy lunch in Herkimer on the way back home.

It's a fun once-a-year day! 



Back at home, on Tuesday, Dave had a routine medical test (everything's fine) that required that I drive him there and back again. The doctor's office is located near the Syracuse University campus, so I took advantage of the short walk to grab some early-morning breakfast at the coffee bar. Marshall Street (the main shopping and eating street located in the heart of university hill) hasn't changed much since I went to school at SU way back when.



Back at home, I've only just started a quick little project that I hope to share with you soon.

The fabric is cut and the sewing is just getting underway.



Happy Stitching!
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment