Monday, August 9, 2010

One hundred thirty-seven. . .

. . . days left until Christmas!

Plenty of time! Looking for a great holiday project to sew up in a jiffy? How about a Christmas-themed Baltimore Album quilt?

Normally, I wouldn't dream of attempting to finish a Baltimore Album quilt in just a few months. All that detailed applique. Lots and lots of stitching. Yikes!

However, I was inspired to make this quilt using Mimi Dietrich's "Christmas in Baltimore" fabric line by P&B Textiles. And you guessed it, you can make one just like it in time for the holidays with your very own fabric kit, complete with original pattern by yours truly.

Don't worry. Those beautiful applique blocks are cut from a printed panel. All you have to do is chop up the panel, sew up the sashing and borders, and it's ready to quilt!

Make yourself an impressive holiday treat before the first snow flies! Or, better still, before the leaves start to turn.

Oh, by the way, kits are available at Calico Gals in Syracuse, NY. You want one?

Happy stitching!
Joan

1 comment:

  1. Oh I can't wait! I loved that fabric when I saw it... and I've always wanted a Baltimore Quilt...AND it's available at the best shop in CNY (ok- maybe I'm a little impartial here...)- what's not to like???

    ReplyDelete