Thursday, March 7, 2013

Gone . . . Quilting!

This week I'm very excited because I'm headed to Oh Suzannah's Upstairs Inn in Watkins Glen, NY for three full days of nearly non-stop sewing. This has become an annual retreat weekend for myself and a few other quilty friends.

 
The Inn has all the necessary comforts to accompany a productive, relaxing, and fun weekend. Cozy rooms, lots of well-lit sewing space, a kitchen to prep morning and mid-day meals, and plenty of restaurant options walking distance from the inn for a yummy, stress-free evening meal. And the best part, the quilt shop is just down the stairs!

Only trouble is . . . which of the long list of projects-to-do should I work on first? I think we are each bringing enough to last us for three weeks, not three days! Eh, well.

Since I'm headed out of town this week, thought you might like to peruse the most recent issue of Through the Needle Magazine.


I contributed a pattern and tutorial for this issue of the online magazine from Bernina. The project converts orphan quilt blocks into a set of lovely place mats, chop-chop!

Enjoy!
Joan
 

1 comment: