Thursday, February 26, 2015

Spring Thinking

Let me introduce you to a new pattern, Up One Side Table Runner.

Up One Side Quilted Table Runner pattern


Well, actually, it's not a *new* pattern, but it has received a bit of a facelift. Up One Side was originally published by Cut Loose Press, but I decided to re-work the pattern a bit and reproduce it in a new format. It's still amazingly simple to make, and the making is even easier using the Marti Michell Corner trimmer.

What does this have to do with Spring Thinking? The Up One Side pattern lends nicely to kits. Since, I'm vending at a handful of quilt shows this spring and summer, I'm beginning to think how I might put some fun fabrics together for kits to make the table runner.

This sample is almost done. It just has to be quilted and bound. How about a purple binding for a Spring table setting?

green and purple fabrics for table runner kits


Blues have always been a favorite of mine, any time of year.

blue fabric for table runner kits


It wouldn't be Spring without a little pink!

Pink fabric for table runner kits



I'm only starting the process, and making samples, but it struck me that the fabrics I'm putting together look awfully Spring-like. And since the snow is piled high out my front window, and I'm more than ready to move on to the next season, I thought I'd share a few of the fabric combinations. I don't know about you, but I feel much better, now!

You can ask for the Up One Side Table Runner pattern at your favorite quilt shop. Or find it here. If you want a kit, then you'll have to come visit my booth at one of the shows I'll be attending this summer--if you don't already subscribe to my weekly newsletter, Good Migrations, the block at the top of the sidebar will get you there (along with a free patter for subscribing!). My calendar is posted in the newsletter. Who knows I might even throw some kits into my shopping cart once they are ready.

Like Spring, these things seem to take so long to get here, but they are so worthwhile when they finally arrive!

Ooh, and speaking of warmer weather. Did you go Row by Rowing last summer? The summertime shop hop is returning again in June. All 50 states and six Canadian provinces have shops in the hop. The snow may still be piled high everywhere I look, but inside, I'm thinking Rows. I feel very fortunate to have been asked by several shops to create their free row patterns for the Row by Row Experience 2015. Sorry, nothing to reveal for you just yet. But you know I'll be offering some sneaky peaks right here on this blog to help you rev up your engines for Summer travel season. And the rows I'm creating are really, REALLY fun! So stay tuned!

I'd better get back to creating! Stay warm, think *Spring* and . . .

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment