Thursday, January 28, 2016

Hot FROM The Press

As in The Taunton Press! I hope you indulge me this week, as I introduce a brand new cookbook title.

Seems whenever I am invited to join a quilty pot-luck meal, somebody always brings a quinoa (pronounced KEEN-wah) dish. Quinoa is one of those superfoods that has lots of healthy good stuff and no gluten.

I've noticed that quinoa salad is a popular pot luck offering, but did you know that quinoa can be used in lots and lots of other recipes? Not just salad. Like this orange layer cake . .



Have I got your attention?

The book is called, not surprisingly, We Love Quinoa. And it's filled with easy, yummy, healthy recipes featuring quinoa.



As you know, my books are published by The Taunton Press, and I happen to have the inside scoop that We Love Quinoa JUST ARRIVED in their warehouse! Order it from this link, and it'll likely ship by the end of the day.

Check out a few more photos (courtesy of Simon Pask) from the book:

How about some risotto-style quinoa with mushrooms and onions?




Some granola:




Now, I'm hungry for lunch!




The fudgy brownies got my husband's attention.



Thumbing through the recipes, although I haven't had time to try any yet, they're easy and filled with basic ingredients. Everything you ever wanted to know about cooking with quinoa is there.

If quinoa is your thing, I'd say this is a must-have for your recipe collection.Once you're powered up with all that extra protein, you'll be adequately fueled for a full day at the sewing machine.

Happy Stitching!
joan

No comments:

Post a Comment