Thursday, December 14, 2017

A Couple Good Ideas

First, a confession, I’m kinda a soap-snob, as well as a closet collector.


A few years ago, when I was on vacation or traveling, and shopping from boutique to boutique on some pretty Main Street somewhere (I don’t honestly remember exactly where - it was quite some time ago), I found these Pre de Provence soaps. Ever since, they have been my absolute favorite personal decadence every day at shower time.



I buy the big 250g bars. You can do a google search and find them several places these days (you couldn’t when I first started looking for them). I’ve always had great luck ordering from The Frenchy Bee (not affiliated with them in any way, I’ve just had good service from them in the past).

And I love all the scents I’ve tried. My favorite scent by far is Lime Zest, but poke around, there are lots to choose from!



I don’t see these small personal-sized soaps on the site any longer, but you might find them if you search around a bit. They’re great for stocking stuffers. For me, I like to throw one in my bag when I travel. I would hate to be without my little scented decadence just because I’m on the road.



Now I’m getting off track a bit, as long as I was poking around in my soap collection. . . you can recognize some of my travels here . .



Any guesses where this came from? Ayuh!



This one was included in a gift from my niece last Christmas - or maybe it was the year before - as you see, I’m not the only one in my family who seeks out these special scented decadences! I decided it’s time to enjoy this one. . .



After all, the message is timely:



I’ll admit to two things, then I’ll move on. There’s something special about feeling connected to someone half a world away every single day--in Sweden, France, or just in Mickey Mouse land!

And the second thing is, since I have this ‘thing’ for nice soaps, if the hotel soap is particularly memorable, I’ll grab an unused bar from my room and throw it in my suitcase to enjoy at home.


But I digress. Back to the gift ideas.

Not only am I a soap snob, but I’m also a sock snob. Proud of it, in fact!

While in Alaska earlier this year, I found these socks - World’s Softest (that’s a pretty big claim, don’t you think?) - in a boutique shop near my hotel in Palmer, Alaska. I just had to see if they lived up to the name. And they did!



I went back and picked up another pair, as a gift for my sister who bird-sat for part of the time I was away. Then I found them online, and ordered another pair for myself, and some for my husband. Don’t tell Dave, but as long as I was looking up the website for this note, I just ordered a couple pairs for his Christmas stocking - pun intended.

Umm, yah! I mean, who doesn’t love to have comfy toesies, especially this time of year!



There. I feel I did my good deed for the day. You are in on my deepest, darkest snob-secrets, and you have a couple of ideas for the soap and sock snobs on your list, too.


Happy Stitching! (and Stocking Stuffing!)



Joan Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment