Thursday, August 16, 2018

Finish, Finish, Start!

With some travel/vacation time coming up in September, I've been nose-to-the-grindstone attempting to get a little bit ahead on the next few patterns and designs for The FLOCK. Pretty secret - but VERY cool - stuff coming. In the meantime, I've been taking advantage of quiet sewing time to finish up a few things.

. . .like that contemporary, neon-threaded biscornu I have been working on recently.

I took advantage of some evening sewing time to sew the two blackwork squares together, stuffed with wool batting scraps.

It's different! And fun!  . . . I like!



Couple weeks ago, I showed some projects I was finishing up during a little personal sewing retreat.

This cross stitch image of Mount Vernon was just about done, at that point. Now, it's a couple steps further along.

Layered and quilted. The binding it attached and just needs to be secured to the back by hand.



I added two small sleeves on the back for hanging. I'm not sure where this will go, but I'd like to put a small wooden dowel through the finished sleeves, then hang it from a single nail in the middle of the piece.



As long as I was making such good progress finishing things, I decided to treat myself to a new cross stitch project. This one is an image of a single daisy from a recent cross stitch periodical.

Who knew that there were so many different variations of white? I have stitched maybe 4 or 5 different whites so far. They all look pretty close to me!



As the summer winds down, I hope you are finding some time to let your heart sing with something pretty to stitch!

Happy Stitching!
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment