Thursday, February 14, 2019

Stitchin' Workin' Creatin'

I've been a busy bee this week. It has been cold outside, so the motivation to find an indoor sport has been pretty strong. Stitching has made it to the top of that short list!

Just before heading out for the quilt cruise a couple weeks ago, I spent the day with some friends in Florida; we made a stop at the Cross Stitch Cupboard in Fort Lauderdale.


A really cute little store! I picked up this Elephant Biscornu pattern by Jody Rice of Satsuma Street and floss while at the shop. I started stitching the biscornu panels on board the ship during some quiet time between classes or as I settled in for the evening. I finished the side stitching to put it all together a couple days ago. Cute, huh?

I'm also working on this cross stitch pattern series by Erica Michaels. Each small panel (about 4" square) features a letter of the alphabet. As you can see, I have 25 letters left. Rather than make this completely stitchy, I'm attempting to cross over with a quilty-stitchy project when all is said and done.



But, as I say, there are quite a few letters between today and done. Tally ho!

I used the same border technique on the little Valentine-y wall hanging that I showed you last week and that now hangs in my front entry way for February. The center stitching was inspired by this book (affiliate). The rose wreath is one tiny section of a larger floral pattern in the book.




And in the sewing room, I'm doing Facebook Live videos roughly once a week with FLOCK sewing tips for members of The FLOCK Quilters group - you have to be a member of The FLOCK or The FLOCK Lite to be in the group.

This small ad hoc wall-hanging project features the September bird kit - the European Robin - and a  Pine Cone machine applique pattern (a past FLOCK bonus pattern/kit). It was this week's featured project.



Individual FLOCK block kits are now available to purchase HERE. Much better deal if you join The FLOCK and get access to member pricing on current and past block kits and lots of extras. You can learn more about joining The FLOCK HERE.

Back in the office - it's not all fun and stitches around here - I'm fighting hard to reacquaint myself with the surface of my desk. But that means first working on some accounting (it's tax season, after all) and some new creative projects including upcoming bird blocks and quilt cruise patterns.

It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it!

That's my week in a nutshell! What about you? Are you tangled happily in threads this week?

Happy Stitching!
Joan



No comments:

Post a Comment