Thursday, January 4, 2018

One More Gift from Me to You


What gift?, you say. I bet you thought the holidays were over! Read on!
I've been busy in the sewing room this week.

As you may be aware, the cut-off for the inaugural month of The FLOCK, the new membership pre-cut bird block kit program from the Hummingbird Highway, is January 10th. Less than one week away!

And I've been working on something special to commemorate the first kit delivery in January.



I've mentioned that, from time to time, I plan to include suggested settings for the blocks with the membership.

Well, my sewing project in the studio this week is just that. The first project suggestion for The FLOCK uses exactly two of the 8" bird blocks, plus some stash fabrics.

For my sample, I used the Gray Catbird block and the American Robin block. But you can use any two 8" square blocks, bird themed or otherwise.



I've been stitching the blocks together. . .

Adding some fun border prints. . .

Basting the layers . . .

Burying thread ends . . .


Stitching in the ditch. . .



Creating texture . . .



And creating MORE texture! . . .



And even more texture within the blocks! . . .



And finishing with some wild colors for the binding. The wild color part is up to you, and your fabric stash might have a say in that part, too.





All the while fighting an odd feeling that someone was watching me from atop my sewing machine.

 


This is where I show you the completed project . . .

Drum-roll, please. . . .!

Oop! I said I have been busy in the sewing studio, I didn't say I was done! *wink!*

Give me a day or two before the big reveal . . . You're gonna love it!

Did someone say Gift?

Yup! I did! The pattern for the two-block bonus project will ship with your first kit from The FLOCK - right around January 12th, a couple day's after the final cutoff for the first month's block delivery. All you have to do to get the pattern is join The FLOCK. Right now. Before the January 10th cut-off date.

Happy Stitching!

Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment