Thursday, December 6, 2018

A Belated Wedding Gift

Back in September, just before we left for our vacation to Europe, Dave and I attended his second cousin's wedding. I purchased this adorable kit from Little Beach Hut in England. and it arrived only a few days before the wedding. The couple have a pet hedgehog named Pickle, so this sweet little cross stitch was perfect.



I knew that there was no way that I would get the project done in time for the wedding, but I began stitching anyway.

The surface area of the stitching is only about 4" in diameter.

Then travel happened, first for vacation, then to Houston for the quilt shows.



Well, I'm happy to say that I finally finished this little project! I purchased a wooden embroidery hoop at the local craft store, grabbed some felted wool and perle cotton and got busy. Basically, I followed this tutorial to secure and cover the back of the stitchery.




Add a little ribbon for hanging and. . .Ta done!



I was motivated get my act together to finish this little project because another of Dave's cousins had a baby shower this past weekend (different cousin), and I knew the newlywed cousin would be in attendance. . .

The stitchery has now reached its destination.

Now, for that unfinished baby quilt that didn't quite make it to the shower. . .

Happy Stitching!
Joan

1 comment: